Posted May 18, 16:18
Just as market sentiment began improving and the US dollar index showed its first 3-day losing run since March, selling resumes across the board. Yesterday's solid US retail sales gave Powell the confidence to stick to his “inflation-remains priority” rhetoric. Interestingly, DXY, EURUSD and US-10 year all stabilized at their 21-day moving averages. No, this is neither a piece about “bear market rallies”, nor about “Intermarket technical confluences” covered successfully at last Thursday's market low. This in fact is about how the market could resume rallying into next week—despite Wednesday's wobble.
Click To Enlarge
3850 11690 31220 and the rest May 13, 2022 20:03:
Traders reap the value of intermarket technical/quantitative analysis in capturing junctures, where various asset classes have reached potential inflection points. Such levels can be support/resistance in terms of TA, or moves in material magnitude, such as 20% or 30% declines/gains, which trigger program driven trading. So during Thursday's market carnage (equity indices and cryptos), I sent the below charts (created on Thursday) to my WhatsApp Broadcast Group, highlighting the vital technical levels in five key markets. It's all about confluence across different asset classes. Here's how. Read More...
The Strongest & Weakest
Start of day is 17:00, Eastern Time/New York Time,
Subscribe to Ashraf's Newsletter
- #Lagarde finally realizing the importance of verbal tightening --via bonds instead of policy rates #forex $TNX (48 min ago)
- #Powell telling #Biden "Our hands are tied-- there's no way to pause rate hikes now, so to prevent recession & boos… https://t.co/qV4rK7i5xp (3 hr ago)
- Saudi Arabia signals support for Russia’s role in Opec+ as sanctions pressure mounts - https://t.co/yx1KN6VyqO (14 hr ago)
- Unbelievable and much deserved ManCity. Zinchenko outstanding. (20 hr ago)
- #Guardiola never won the #PremierLeague without the #LeagueCup..also see the last few tweets abt the 5 yr cycle (21 hr ago)
- Pricing inefficiency pointed out last week beckons wildly at this very moment https://t.co/VGmQhg7ff5 (21 hr ago)
- cycles https://t.co/BFHPAxd0KC (yesterday)
- Following prev Tweet== as for 2011, the issues were with Europe & US budget while Fed was ending QE2 but was nowher… https://t.co/QRB0XBh7CD (2 days ago)
- bulls are pointing to '98, '11 & '18 episodes when mkts fell 20% b4 kicking off wild rallies. None of those yrs had… https://t.co/vI3iNcXrJq (2 days ago)
- Twitter will regain $70 when Musk meets with kim jong un (2 days ago)
€ £ $ Cross Rate Calculator
Enter values for EURUSD and EURGBP to find the corresponding GBPUSD rate
Latest Poll - Aug 12
21-yr Intermarket Charts - 7 indices 11 currencies 14 commodities Interactive charting by instrument, chronological and alphabetical order. This enables organizing each individual commodity, currency or equity index' performance by magnitude or chronological order. View..