Archived IMT (2010.02.01)
The upcoming RBA decision (due 3:30 am GMT) is expected to produce a 25-bp rate hike to 4.00%, but we allow for as much as a 40% chance of no hike at all (60% chance of a 25-bp tightening). The upside impact on AUD shall depend upon the risk appetite prevailing in the Tuesday Asian equity session. New home sales fell in 4 of the last 5 months, but prices of homes and general indices remain worryingly aggressive for the central bank.
We have seen in December for instance how a much anticipated rate hike failed to prop the Aussie higher due to the prevailing risks with Greece & Dubai weighing on appetite. While a 25-bp hike could be expected to lift AUDUSD and AUDJPY towards the 89.80 and 81.30s resistances levels respectively, these gains will largely depend upon the equity sessions prevailing in Asia.
GBP 8 year cycle دورة ال ٨ سنوات
by Ashraf Laidi | Sep 28, 2022 12:12
Join Me in Orlando at this Critical Time...and SAVE 20%
by Ashraf Laidi | Sep 24, 2022 12:23
Beware of Fed Pivot Complacency
by Ashraf Laidi | Sep 9, 2022 20:20
فنيات الأسواق قبل خطاب باول
by Ashraf Laidi | Sep 7, 2022 14:55
فيديو إستعداد لخطاب باول
by Ashraf Laidi | Aug 25, 2022 14:09