|Markit Manufacturing PMI (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 13:45|
|Markit PMI Composite (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 13:45|
|Markit Services PMI (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 13:45|
|PMI (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 01:45|
|Eurozone Markit PMI Composite (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 08:00|
|Eurozone Markit PMI Manufacturing (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 08:00|
|Eurozone Markit Services PMI (OCT) [P]||Oct 23 08:00|
The Canadian dollar rallied after the Bank of Canada decision but there was nothing in the documents pointing to a more hawkish BOC. The US dollar led the forex market on the day while the euro lagged. The NZD is lower in early Asia-Pacific trading on CPI data. CAD took the attacks in Canada's parliament in stride, while the major news of the week will likely be tonight's China flash HSBC manufacturing PMI and tomorrow's services PMI from the Eurozone. A new set of Premium Insights will be released tonight. All two GBPUSD remain in progress and nearing the final targets, following the BoE minutes and Thursday's UK retail sales. AUDUSD and NZDJPY also remain in progress.
The main headline from the BOC was the removal of the explicit “neutral” reference but it was simply replaced by other words that say the exact same thing. Moreover, Poloz warned that explicit forward guidance would be removed before the decision so it should have been no surprise.Read More...
Stocks cheered on Tuesday in the largest gain in a year but the response remains lukewarm in FX and bonds. The Canadian dollar was the top performer while the Swiss franc lagged. The focus will be on the Aussie in the hours ahead with the CPI report due. Our Premium trades remain AUDUSD, GBPUSD and NZDJPY. A new set of Premium trades shall be issued on Wednesday night.Read More...
- New Premium Insights sent out w/ 5 trades in progress (5 hr ago)
- BoC no reason to buy CAD, China PMI next http://t.co/020YARtZKx by @FX_Button #forex (6 hr ago)
- As for the Premium Insights, both $GBPUSD trades in progress & a new update is due this evening #forex (10 hr ago)
- All communication w/ HFT_Forex subscribers sent via email & via private @HFT_Forex stream. Only paid subscribers no trialists #forex (10 hr ago)
- Trade #15 in @HFT_Forex has just gone out, while keeping Trade #14 open #forex (17 hr ago)
- @CareyKGreen Thanks (20 hr ago)
- $GBPUSD shorts who were nervous 2 days ago can relax now. BoE hawks may well get it wrong just like 3 yrs ago #forex (20 hr ago)
- RT @Josh_CityIndex: BoE MPC minutes: Most members felt premature tightening of policy might leave UK economy vulnerable to shocks (20 hr ago)
- RT @Josh_CityIndex: BoE minutes: signs of slight loss of momentum in UK economy (20 hr ago)
- Connecting the dots in the dollar http://t.co/ekwd5H9ZhU by @FX_Button (yesterday)
- Less than 50-1