The euro is in the midst of testing the 200-day moving average and the uptrend since December. On Monday, it got some help from Germany and France. German HICP rose 0.4% m/m in May compared to 0.3% expected. That took the country out of deflation in year-over-year terms. France reported Q1 GDP at 0.6% q/q compared to the 0.5% consensus. Better investment was behind the beat.Read More...
A weak durable goods report and comments from the Fed's Powell offered some insight into what the Fed will do next. CAD and JPY were the top performers, while the pound sterling lagged. Japanese CPI and Aussie Capex are due next.The April US durable goods report highlighted the challenges the Fed faces. There are currently 9 Premium trades in progress, 2 of which are CAD longs.Read More...
The Bank of Canada took a more-neutral stance than expected on Wednesday and along with rising oil prices that helped made the Canadian dollar the top performer while the yen lagged. Australian capex data and the New Zealand budget are due later. The Premium Insights added a 2nd CAD long to the trades ahead of the BoC decision and EIA inventory announcement. Full rationale and charts analysis to the CAD and other trades is in today's Premium Video.Read More...
- RT @Livesquawk: Eurozone CPI Estimate (YoY) May: -0.10% (est -0.10%; prev -0.20%) -CPI Core (YoY) May: 0.80% (est 0.80%; prev 0.70%) (2 hr ago)
- Boris Johnson accused of 'promoting fantasy economics' after claming #Brexit would allow govt to scrap fuel VAT https://t.co/mds6ouylj3 (3 hr ago)
- يوم مهم للاغلاق الشهري في مؤشرات البورصة (3 hr ago)
- Euro thoughts & CFTC positioning https://t.co/spRXeN2sKg #forex (4 hr ago)
- Euro thoughts & CFTC positioning by @FX_Button https://t.co/spRXeN2sKg #forex (11 hr ago)
- Hedge funds and banks commission Brexit exit polls - https://t.co/cZE3Dl60KK (12 hr ago)
- إعلان اليوم أن دفعة كبيرة من بيتكوين سيتم بيعها في مزاد الشهر المقبل #forex $GLD #XBT https://t.co/2A26mJfygT (yesterday)
- #Bitcoin after today's auction announcement #forex $GLD #XBT https://t.co/TD7TBOmfha (yesterday)
- All the details on gold were in last Wednesday's Gold chart/note (yesterday)
- Bitcoin's dollar value spikes as auction announced - https://t.co/3hCq7ys13h (yesterday)
- Fed rate cut
- China crash
- UK Exit from EU
- €/$ < 0.90
- €/$ > 1.25
- US recession