|FOMC's Mester speech||May 25 16:00|
|Fed's Stanley Fischer speech||May 25 16:45|
|Adjusted Merchandise Trade Balance (MAR)||May 24 23:50|
|Merchandise Trade Balance Total (MAR)||May 24 23:50|
“It's sort of ironic that at the present we have an output target and we have an inflation target, which are supposed to be conflicting, but we're more or less there on the output target,” he said. “We are not there on the inflation target, so that we have to put in a lot more steam.”Read More...
If the Yellen-Fed had a single refrain this year it would be data dependency but at some point policymakers need to look at the numbers and decide. The pound was the top performer Thursday while USD and CAD lagged. The Fed's Williams and BOJ decision are due later. Both of our adjusted EURUSD and GBPUSD neared their final targeta as was confirmed in this week's Premium ideas and charts. EURGBP was stopped out.Read More...
- Fischer focused on inflation, CAD shorts flip http://t.co/kCtNhYJj3n by @fx_button #forex (5 hr ago)
- 2 cases of communication screw-ups in a single week...both caused EUR & GBP selloffs #forex (yesterday)
- BoE mis-sends Brexit email to press - http://t.co/XYJI0Xoewa #forex (2 days ago)
- Yellen says nothing on CPI or inflation. Fed has yet to crank up the latest PCE figs #forex (2 days ago)
- *YELLEN SAYS RATE RISE AT SOME POINT THIS YEAR IS APPROPRIATE (2 days ago)
- *YELLEN SAYS `WE ARE NOT THERE YET' ON FED'S EMPLOYMENT GOALS (2 days ago)
- So much for that Barbcue target... (2 days ago)
- Fed focuses on core PCE and not CPI.... medical costs weight in PCE < than in CPI #forexc (2 days ago)
- @owsi1968 Closed 1/2 of that & of £/$ (2 days ago)
- 1.10 is the biggest of today's options expiry in $EURUSD at €2bn other levels are 122.00 $/Y also $2bn #forex (2 days ago)